Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games


The movie magic is over for Harry Potter.
The is bite gone from “Twilight.”
Now the Hunger Games—
the next great film franchise.

The story of a future existence
already seen today in reality shows.

It’s a cautionary story
of what happens
when people start to lose touch
with their humanity.

The movie--set in the future.
The issues-- current.

Reality television, violence,
the 99 percent
versus the one percent.
A political allegory.

A powerful message.
An important story.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano


I have been wanting to read the books for the longest time.  Tomorrow, I’ll see the movie.


Please share this poem by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles.

Please "follow" so you don't miss any of my poems.



1 comment:

  1. I have now read the books and seen the movie. Both are excellent, and Jennifer Lawrence is wonderful in this movie. But then she is wonderful in every movie that she is in. I'm so happy she won the Academy Award for Silver Linings Playbook.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.