Monday, November 26, 2012

A Forever Family

November is
Find books about adoption
on amazon.com
a time for adoption celebration.

November is
National Adoption Awareness Month.

Celebrate the creation,
or the expansion,
of a forever family
through adoption,
through a birth parent’s
selfless decision.

A child thrives in the safe, loving
environment of a forever family .

 In 1993, I adopted a five-year-old boy from Guatemala because a mother made a selfless decision.
 
© 2012 Catherine Giordano 

Please share this poem by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing". 
Please "follow" so you don't miss any of my poems. 


I found this picture at

2 comments:

  1. Very moving poem Ms. Giordano. I can relate because I myself was adopted at a very young age by my mother, without whom, I would not be the man I am today. Though we are not blood-related, she treated as her own flesh and blood and shared with me all the traditions and knowledge of our family as though I had always been a part of it. It is truly a beautiful thing when parents take in a child through adoption, giving that child a fresh start and a chance to live up to his/her fullest potential by providing the love and support that sometimes the birth parents might not have been able to give. It does not mean that the birth parents do not love their child, but simply want whats best for him/her and to be provided with all the essentials of life for to grow up happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You You have taken my point exactly. The message was the reason that I wrote this poem.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.