Thursday, November 29, 2012

Horos


Feeling overwhelmed right now.

Chipping away at the problem.

Clearing the slate.


Walking the walk …

    or just talking the talk?


Trying to do too much.

Going beyond the call of duty.

Seeking a conclusion.


The rest of the way is smooth sailing.

A positive attitude can be a big help when you have problems.  Even if it doesn’t actually solve the problem, just thinking that you will solve the problem, makes the problem easier to bear.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano

Please share this poem by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles. 

Please "follow" so you don't miss any of my poems.

Go to http://newsprintpoetry.blogspot.com/2012/12/doing-too-much-trying.html to read my thoughts about this poem and how I came to write it. 
This painting by Laurie Justus Pace is from
www.dailypainters.com

2 comments:

  1. To right! Far too many times have I encountered situations where I just felt to overloaded, but then I take a step back, clear my head, think of a happy tune and everything just seems to fall into place and before I know it the job is done. Sometimes a job can look like too much when it really isn't. Having the right attitude can make the time go by faster and you will feel very accomplished when you are through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right. Alright! Horos means dance in Greek, bt I chose the title because the poem came from the HOROScopes column of the newspaper.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.