Friday, April 27, 2012

High-Tech TurtleTrek

Sea change at SeaWorld Orlando.
The new TurtleTrek attraction,
a virtual undersea environment.

A shark, a fishing boat with nets,
a threatening bird
swarm above
and around
theme park guests.

Cutting edge technology
at SeaWorld Orlando
does not mean a change in strategy.
SeaWorld Orlando
does “real” better than other attractions.

The technical aspects
of TurtleTrek
are creative;
34 projectors
all syncing together.

Turtles have a great story to tell.
Technology helps tell that story
making it as real as possible.


© 2012 Catherine Giordano


SeaWorld Orlando is my favorite theme park.  It’s less crowded, more peaceful—at least it was when I used to take my son there when he was young.  I hope SeaWorld is careful about adding rides and high-tech elements.  I like the “real”--like watching the manatees. And I could stay in the Penguin House for hours.

2 comments:

  1. After study a few of the posts on this website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it and will be checking back soon.
    technology tips and tricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks for sharing this with others.
    technology tips and tricks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.