Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Discover the Sea

After weeks of christenings,
celebrities and preview cruises,
the Fantasy,
the newest ship from Disney,
is finally
on its official maiden voyage.
A seven-day sail to the Caribbean,
including stops at Disney’s
private island, Castaway Cay.

Standing on a sandy
sun-soaked Bahamian beach,
I saw an amazing array
of tame stingrays
in the Stingray Adventure.
I saw large schools of snapper
at the sunken boat sites.
I saw colorful underwater
scenes on the snorkeling safari.

Visit the sea.
Visit the Bahamas.


© 2012 Catherine Giordano


The problem with writing poems based on news stories is that the stories are so often about disaster and death.  Today I was happy to find a story with a happy tone and beautiful images of nature.  I was also pleased with the alliteration and rhyme that I found in this story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.