Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ticked Off

Can someone tell me
    why they wax the cucumber?
One cannot scrub it off.
My stomach does not like wax.

The newspaper runs a column called “Ticked Off.” People write in with the most ridiculous complaints.  However, I found myself agreeing with this one.

Also there was absolutely nothing in the paper today that I could use for a poem.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano

Please share this poem by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles.

Please "follow" so you don't miss any of my poems.



This picture of cucumbers is from http://www.lovemysalad.com




4 comments:

  1. Yes, just like the person who wrote to the ticked-off column of the newspaper,I'd like to eat the cucumber skin, but I always have to peel it off. Sometimes in the summer, I can find some to buy that are not waxed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hi Catherine Giordano, if you want cukes without wax, look for the seedless ones that are shrink wrapped, or kirbys; the kind that are usually pickled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that there are some un-waxed cucumbers sometimes available (primarily during the summer), but I can only use the words from the newspaper when I do a news print poem. This topic evidently struck a nerve with quite a few readers who also don't want to eat wax.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.