Sunday, April 22, 2012

Painted Pianos Pop-Up


Lori usually paints portraits.

On Saturday, Lori painted a piano.
for an upcoming fund-raiser
called Pop-Up Pianos.

A dozen painted pianos
set up across Seminole County
to raise awareness for the arts.

Pop-Up pianos on public display
at the mall, at City Hall,
at the international airport.

Organizers encourage musicians,
and non-musicians,
to interact with the pianos.

The pianos on display,
will be auctioned off.
The money will benefit the arts.


© 2012 Catherine Giordano


The painted pianos are charming.  When I see one, it makes me smile.  Since non-musicians are invited to play them, and I am definitely a non-musician, maybe the next time I see one I’ll play the first bar of “Mary Had a Little Lamb.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.