Friday, August 3, 2012

Obama Talks Taxes

President Barack Obama,
two thousand screaming supporters,
at Rollins college on Thursday

Two different versions of America:
Mitt Romney’s tax cuts for the rich;
Obama’s defense of the middle class.

Trickle-down economics—
the path Romney is proposing—
Trickle-down tax-cut fairy-dust.

Romney asks middle class families
to pay higher taxes.
Not to reduce our deficit,

Not to help care for seniors,
Not to rebuild America,
Not to fight a war.

Romney is asking you to pay more
so that people like him can pay less. 

If you are middle class or poor, why would you vote for Romney?  I think people are starting to catch on.  Obama has substantial leads in the swing states.  Maybe Obama will take all 50 states.  Well, maybe not Utah.  The Mormons will probably vote for one of their own regardless of how bad his policies are.

 © 2012 Catherine Giordano


3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Google, and you have a great way of getting your point across! I agree with you completely, how can you vote for Romney when he will not tell you what he pays for taxes each year, what he plans on doing with my taxes if he were elected. I want simple plans, I want irs tax help and a fair and clear tax code.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm so glad you like my news print poetry 2012 project; also glad you agree with me. Did you know that Obama has put numerous tax cuts for the middle class an small business into effect? The Republicans only want to cut taxes for the super rich. Romney recently defined middle class as under $200,000 a year. Only 4% of households in this country have incomes over $200,000. Romney lives in a bubble. He has no idea how the rest of us live.

      Delete
    2. If you want to see more of my poems that deal with politics use the "search" window at the top left of the page. Put in any of these terms. politics, 2012 election, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.