Sunday, June 17, 2012

Give Dads More Credit

Mothers are extraordinary, selfless, mythic.
Dads are a bunch of deadbeats.

A case of mommy envy?
Or a reflection of how our culture values dads.

Mothers hog all the child-rearing glory.
Dads are all but forgotten.

There’s a mommy bias in popular culture.
Dads go uncelebrated.

Mr. Mom is no longer just a funny movie.
Mr. Mom is real life for millions of dads.


Mr. Mom gets a holiday.  Happy Father’s Day.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano



Do Fathers Matter book cover
CLICK HERE for
a book about fatherhood






First Dads: Parenting and Politics from George Washington to Barack Obama
CLICK HERE for a book about
Dads-in-Chief
and how parenting influences policy


2 comments:

  1. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it,
    you might be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog
    and will eventually come back from now on. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing,
    have a nice holiday weekend!
    Feel free to visit my web page ; Strompreisvergleich erstellen und Anbieter wechseln

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your praise. I went to your website, but I don't know German. I love it when readers leave a comment. I invite you to become a follower.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.