Thursday, September 20, 2012

Blah Blah Blah

Click Here
to learn about the art of conversation
Cornered
at a party
at the office
on a stroll
ensnared
in an interminable talker. 
Buttonholed
by a boor
or a boor;
by an egotist,
or a polemicist,
by a labbermouth,
or ababbling barfly.
Often
there is nothing
short of rudeness
that can end it.
So,
hang in there?

Sometimes I’m trapped by the excessive talker, and sometimes I’m guilty of being the excessive talker. 

Sometimes I’d be working late at my office, trying to finish my work and go home, when a co-worker would come into my office, plop herself down in a chair, and refuse to take a hint.  One day I had an idea of how to put an end to this.  I stacked a bunch of reports and papers on my chair.  She came into my office, took the reports and papers from the chair, put them on the floor, and plopped herself into the chair.
© 2012 Catherine Giordano


Please share by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing."

Please ""follow" so you don't miss any of my posts.





 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.