Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Two Peas in a Pod

This picture is from www.enasco.com
A preview of a Mitt Romney presidency,
right here in Florida.

Our businessman/governor
Rick Scott, promised us jobs.
He delivered Wawa,
convenience stores paying low wages.

He delivered cuts to education,
curbs to early voting,
pandering to campaign contributors,
a rock-bottom approval rating.

Success in business does not translate
to success in government.
Business is all about profits;
government is all about protecting citizens.

I’ve watched a businessman
run my state into the ground.
I don’t want one running
my country into the ground.

This is from a letter to the editor.  If eight years of George W. Bush didn’t teach you enough about how businessmen can run our country into the ground, maybe a look at Rick Scott’s governorship is the refresher course that you need.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.