Thursday, September 27, 2012

Inward Retreat

Order this beautiful poster
from Amazon.com
Inward Retreat
Obligations.
The daily grind.
To-do lists.
Feeling frazzled.

Meditation,
the perfect antidote for stress,
shifting fight-or-flight mentality
to rest-and-digest.

Close your eyes.
Release the stress.
Physical release.
I found this picture at www.binauralbeatsonline.com
Emotional release.

A wave of rage.
A wave of grief.
A wave of bliss.
A wave of anxiety. 

Let it come.
Feel it.
Let it go.



I took a meditation class and I achieved a deeper level of consciousness.  I felt fully aware, fully awake.  Usually, it feels like the car is driving me, but when I drove home that night, I felt like I was driving the car. 

It is hard to explain.  Imagine your body has a dimmer switch.  We live most at the time with the switch half way up, but meditation pushes the switch all the way up to full power.
 
Unfortunately, although I continued the meditation exercises for a few weeks, I couldn’t get to that feeling again.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano

Please share this review by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing".
Please ""follow" so you don't miss any of my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.