Friday, September 7, 2012

Four More Years

President Barack Obama
offered a message about the future.

“The election in November
is a choice between
two different paths for America;
two different visions for the future.”

“It will take more
than a few years
to solve challenges
built up over decades.”

The president drew cheers.
Four more years!
Four more years!

A very exciting Democratic Convention filled with rousing emotional speeches by Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton, and Joe Biden.  Obama topped off the convention with a straightforward presentation.  This time he left the soaring rhetoric to others and instead gave a very presidential speech—exactly the speech he needed to give to build on the previous speeches.

Note: I put the president’s words in quotes, but I dropped a few words so it would scan better.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano
I found this picture at http://irregulartimes.com
 

4 comments:

  1. It was a great speech. I wanted to stand up and cheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did stand up and cheer. I'm very interactive with TV news. I cheer, I clap, I blow raspberries.

      Based on just the first two days Obama has a 5 point bump in the polls. He should get even more when his speech is factored in.

      Delete
    2. I stood up and cheered too. For Obama, Biden, Michelle, Elizabeth Warren, and Clinton. A couple other women too. Are people really blind? Are they just ignorant? I told some elders the other day when they were spewing junk about socialized medicine that I expected them to give up their Mrdicare or shut up. I'm soooo disgusted with these people. Beth

      Delete
    3. Good for you for setting these people who criticize "socialized medicine" straight. Sometimes I wonder if the people who say these inane things can actually hear themselves.

      I choose political topics for some of my poems both because the mission of news print poetry 2012 is to write about the major events of the year, but also because i want to state my opinions. I like to think that here and there I might influence someone.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.