Sunday, July 15, 2012

America Has Good Values Too



I can’t dispute that  
un-Christian behaviors
exist in our society.

Un-Christian behaviors
exist  in every society.
every where,
throughout the eons.

America,
like every other society,
every where.
throughout the eons

also has love,
Click Here to see patriotic jewelry
kindness, nurturing, hope
faithfulness, helpfulness,
self-sacrifice, honor,

altruism, forgiveness,
honesty, compassion,
ethics, and goodness
of every kind.

How sad it is
to only see
the ugly.


This came from a letter to the editor. The letter was written by … me.  I wrote in response to the July 12th guest column that became the subject of my poem for July 12. 

This poem may sound familiar because the letter I sent to the newspaper was taken from my comment on the July 12th poem.

The picture that I used to illustrate the July 12th poem was what inspired the letter to the letter. What an interesting chain of events.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano



I went looking for a picture that celebrates America.  After I selected this one, I saw url.  How cool is it that this picture came from  http://askanatheist.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.