Monday, October 1, 2012

Life's Victories

Age 44.
A lump in my breast.

Diagnosis.
Stage 0 breast cancer.
Emotional tears.
Shock.  Disbelief.

Treatment:
Mastectomy, chemotherapy.
On course to defeat the enemy.

Fast forward ten years.
A lump in my right chest wall.
Stage 4 cancer.

Aggressive treatment.
Gratefully and joyfully
surviving and thriving.

In remission today.
 
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. 


© 2012 Catherine Giordano                
 Please share this review by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing".
                              Please ""follow" so you don't miss any of my poems.

Click Here to look inside on amazon.com


1 comment:

  1. I'm a breast cancer survivor. Stage 0 DCIS. Lupectomy. Radiation. I'm coming up on the 5-year survivor mark.

    If you have, or have had, breast cancer please share your story.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.