Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Rosie's Victories

This picture of a rose named "Hot Pink"
 is from www.wholeblossoms.com.

I have one life to live.
I am determined to live to the fullest.
The big “C” isn’t slowing me down.
Breast cancer is serious
    and so is being a wife,
    mother, and friend.
I am rocking HOT PINK.
I am fighting like a GIRL.



October is National Breast Cancer Month.  On October 1, I took my poem from a feature called “Life’s Victories” an Orlando Sentinel feature that highlighted the story of one breast cancer survivor each day.  Today on this last day of National Breast Cancer month, I choose to close the month with another poem about a breast cancer survivor.
 
© 2012 Catherine Giordano
Please share this poem by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing."
Click Here to look inside on amazon.com
Please ""follow" so you don't miss any of my poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.