Saturday, October 13, 2012

Herbs


Herb:
Any plant,
whether tree or shrub,
whether perennial or annual,
used for flavor,
fragrance,
medicinal cures,
or dying.

Backyard gardener
growing herbs for the kitchen.

Thyme
needs sunshine.
but not too much water;

Lemon balm
likes shade,
and thrives in most soil.

Rosemary
is happy in a dry condition.

Sage, chives,
Fennel--a perennial--
mint, oregano,
basil, cilantro,
dill in the flower garden.

Provide sun and water.

I have an herb garden.  I just learned something.  I have to put the thyme in the sun and the lemon balm in the shade.  

© 2012 Catherine Giordano

I found this picture at http://www.deneweths.com


Please share this review by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.