Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Obama Up

Energetic,
aggressive,
Obama
went after his challenger
attacking
Romney
on his plans
for the economy.

Romney’s plan--
make sure
the folks at the top
play by a different set of rules,
lower tax rates for the wealthy.

Romney
saying things that are not true.
Romney
on the defensive.
Romney’s
math not adding up.

Obama displayed toughness.
Obama gained ground.

Obama is back, handily winning the second debate. I don’t know what was wrong with Obama at the first debate; maybe he was just exhausted. 

Obama called Romney out on his lies.  Governor Romney, when the moderator has to intercede to tell you that you are not speaking the truth, you might as well just pack up and go home.

Romney’s demeanor at the debate showed who is is—an arrogant bully.  At the first debate he sported a smug smile, during this debate he had a tight smile.  The smug smile said “Ha Ha I’m winning;” the tight smile said “I’m losing.”  

At the first debate I thought he wanted to break out into a victory dance.  At the second debate, I thought he wanted to stomp his foot through the floor like Rumplestiltskin.
 
Romney reminds me of Rumplestiltskin--
consumed by his desire for gold, exploiting the weak, furious in defeat--
so I’m using this illustration from http://storynory.com to illustrate this poem.
I had to add this picture of Romney's tight-lipped smile (scowl) that I found on Huffington Post. 


 
Please share this poem and debate analysis by tweeting,
"liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles.
Please ""follow" so you don't miss any of my poems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Please feel free to comment.